Meagan Musing: Preschool Lunch Bentos - Weeks 17, 18 & 19

Meagan Musing

2/14/2013

Preschool Lunch Bentos - Weeks 17, 18 & 19

It's time for another installment of What's for Lunch!

I only have lunches for Andrew these last few weeks. Poor Caroline has a cold that just won't quit. I think it may be a combination of teeth, allergies and the winter blahs, but it hasn't been worth it for me to send her to Mother's Day Out these last weeks. So we've enjoyed a little extra mama and me time. I think it's been good for both of us.

Thursday, January 31


Andrew had ham, ketchup and mustard, graham sticks, star shaped naan bread, and a tangerine with a strawberry slice. I stuck a few of these little circus animals in and packed it in our frog box.

Tuesday, February 5



Andrew had transportation pb&j's using these little stampers, graham sticks, a cheese stick and lots of kishu mandarins. I also used his initials and a little food separator to keep the cheese stick away from the crackers.

This was also our first day to use the new Lego box. Andrew loves it! I wish it were a teeny tiny bit taller, because my silicone cups don't fit well inside. But it's cute and holds a good amount of food.

Thursday, February 7



I found my heart cups! Andrew had a cold turkey dog (I know...it sounds so gross, but he asks for them all the time.) with ketchup, crackers and heart shaped cheese, peanut butter celery and grapes. This was his favorite lunch in weeks. The turkey dogs get him every time. :) This was packed in our Yubo Lunchbox insert which I love. It's really versatile.

Tuesday, February 12


Valentine's week. Time to go all out! Andrew had ham and ketchup and heart shaped strawberries in our heart cups. I packed them on the heart picks that I found at Michael's for $1. They're perfect for lunches! He also had pretzels, peanut butter crackers and yogurt with micro heart sprinkles.

Thursday, February 14


Today's lunch was packed in the new Lego box. It wasn't quite as Valentine's themed as I'd planned, but it was still fun. He had a peanut butter and jelly heart sandwich with a smaller heart cut-out filled with sprinkles and heart shaped strawberries. He also had green grapes, a few cashews packed in these adorable fruit cups, (I should have used the cherry) and pretzels. I threw in a few heart and love picks and called it a day.

If I'd known how much sugar he was going to consume today I'd have left off the sprinkles even though they made for such a pretty sandwich. :)

Don't forget you can see all our lunches in my Flickr gallery. I love to go back and see them all together. It's great for ideas when I'm trying to figure out what to do with my bread in the mornings before school.

I hope you all had wonderful Valentine's Days filled with love, hearts and way too much sugar!

xoxox

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home