Meagan Musing: School Days?

Meagan Musing

8/29/2012

School Days?

I have to get up early and happy tomorrow morning.

It's meet the teacher day at the kids' school.

And I'm a little nervous for Andrew. We decided last year to put him in the two day a week preschool program rather than the three.

WEB_IMG_7583

Most of his friends from Mother's Day Out will be in the three day program, and I'm so sad for him that he won’t be with them.

I know this is just the beginning of school changes and new friends in his world, but I can't help but question myself. Did I make the right decision?

Will he be so bored only doing two days when so many kids his age are doing three?

Will I be wishing he was there three days a week when he’s begging me to play dinosaurs again on Wednesday afternoon?

And will he make friends easily and quickly during those two days a week?

WEB_IMG_7571

It’s time for us to start making big, life directing decisions regarding the kids’ schools – public or private? City or suburbs? This district or that one?

And, y’all, I don’t know if I have it in me. These are hard decisions. What if we make the wrong choice and it doesn’t work out?

Sometimes I look at Brian and say, “When did we get to be grown ups? And why do people think we’re qualified to make these decisions?”

Sometimes this parenting thing is heavy.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home