Meagan Musing: Coffee and Twine

Meagan Musing

4/20/2012

Coffee and Twine

Y'all, it's been a doozy of a week around here.

The kids and I started getting sick on Monday and by Tuesday morning I had a terrible awful cold with aches and chills and a cough. And then I lost my voice.

Andrew was stuffy and snotty, but not sick enough to slow down, oh no. He has never been sick enough to slow down. He's the energizer bunny.

Sweet Caroline's just been kind of whiny and snotty, but luckily she didn't get too sick either. Really it was just me.

And Brian has been working so hard it's insane. We've barely seen him this week. We're all missing him.

One bright spot this week was my new coffee cup. I'm in love.

When I read Organized Simplicity in February I decided to give up my daily drive-thru iced lattes. I was sad, but I'm also saving tons of money. :)

So I started making iced coffee at home with our Keurig and Green Mountain Coffee iced coffee pods. It's really, really good and soooo much cheaper.

WEB_IMG_4554

And now I've saved so much on coffee that I bought myself a Copco cup.

WEB_IMG_4558

I love it. It makes my coffee happy.

WEB_IMG_4562

I also got my Divine Twine this week.

WEB_IMG_4567

I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but it's so pretty I may just look at it.

Actually, I'm having a party here in a few weeks, and I think I'll use it for some cute party favors and decorations.

WEB_IMG_4569

And I can use it on gift tags or cards.

WEB_IMG_4575

Endless possibilities, really.

I hope your weekends are filled with fun pretty things!

Linking up:

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

  • hehe I have a couple of rolls of that paper too and its so cute! but I don't know what to do with it either. For now its just sitting pretty in my paper and crafting box

    By Anonymous ana {bluebirdkisses}, At April 20, 2012 at 12:21:00 PM CDT  

  • I make iced coffee every day at home. Can't live without it! I love my cup like that too. As a matter of fact, everyone here does and i have to hide it from the kids, lol.

    Great shots! Hope you all are feeling much better ;)

    By Blogger Serendipityissweet, At April 20, 2012 at 2:57:00 PM CDT  

  • I'm right there with you. I make my iced coffee most days and sometimes I have hot. so good! The twine is so pretty. I saw that recently and they had every color possible. I might have even pinned it!

    By Blogger Colleen, At April 20, 2012 at 4:12:00 PM CDT  

  • I'm sorry you've been sick! Hope you are feeling better and have a good, relaxing weekend.

    I really like your butterfly background, is that a placemat?

    And coffee, Yum.

    By Blogger Unknown, At April 20, 2012 at 4:28:00 PM CDT  

  • BOO! on the being sick! Hope everyone is feeling better soon!
    Love your mug! You are so good to give-up drive-thru coffee. I gave up lattes for Lent and I saved so much money. I'm trying really hard to be good and not go too often anymore.

    By Blogger Andrea, At April 20, 2012 at 9:53:00 PM CDT  

  • Your coffee cup is so cute. Almost makes me want to try iced coffee, but since I don't like it hot I've always assumed I wouldn't like it cold! The twine is so fun! I'm sure you'll find lots of lovely things to do with it. The colors are so pretty!!

    By Blogger deb duty, At April 21, 2012 at 8:15:00 AM CDT  

  • Being sick stinks! Thank goodness for little things to brighten our days. Love the cup and the twine! Feel better soon. :)

    By Blogger Unknown, At April 21, 2012 at 9:24:00 AM CDT  

  • Fun! I am all about having pretty water bottles... they make me drink more water. So a cute coffee cup is a must as well! So sorry you have been sick! Matt is working like crazy, too... this is the second weekend with no days off. I am feeling the strain for sure! Hugs to you!

    By Blogger Unknown, At April 21, 2012 at 8:19:00 PM CDT  

  • Meagan, your photos are gorgeous! I'm sure everyone says that but I just have to say it, too. I'm a Dallas girl, live in Austin now, and I MUST have an iced coffee every afternoon. Once I got introduced to the coffee ice cube (yes, just freeze some coffee in an ice cube tray) I have never gone back to the drive-through. Your coffee not only will not get melty, it actually gets better and better as you drink it. Important stuff, ya know!

    By Blogger Louise Ducote, At April 23, 2012 at 1:08:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home