Meagan Musing: A Country Good Time

Meagan Musing

4/03/2012

A Country Good Time

We spent our Saturday night at a good ol' country and western party packed with cowboy boots and black hats.

WEB_IMG_4176

My parents live in a small-ish town outside of Dallas. My mom had helped to put on a fundraiser party there and asked us if we'd like to go too.

I kind of felt like the Pioneer Woman. The party was in this huge barn on a very pretty piece of land.

WEB_IMG_4186

LandscapeDiptic

And it was decidedly country.

WEB_IMG_4188

This is the house where the barn owners live. What a pretty place!

WEB_IMG_4196

I loved these chandeliers and white flowy drapes by the entrance. They really dressed the place up. They'd also hung the soft white fabric draped across the ceiling which softened the enormous room and made it seem much cozier.

My mom worked so hard to help put the event on, and it was fantastic. I was so proud of her. We had a really fun time, too. Brian has been so crazy busy with work and school that we haven't spent much time together recently outside of the daily routine, so it was nice to get a whole evening of fun with him.

Ball

I didn't really think too much about what I was going to wear until the day of. I knew I needed to wear my boots and a dress.

But I'd forgotten to take in to account the joy that is nursing boobs.

WEB_MG_4167

I've had this dress since before Andrew was born. It used to be rather modest; now, not so much. But that's okay. I've come to terms with my new mama body. Hey, it only took me three years. :)

WEB_IMG_4169

WEB_IMG_4165

My cute sister and her husband went too. How awesome is her dress?? (The boys look pretty cute too, I guess. Ha!)

My dress: A Nanette Lapore from about five years ago. My boots: Dan Post from ten years ago.(??) I'm sure I was still in college when I bought them. I'm nothing if not current. :)

Linking up for the first time with Mandy at Harper's Happenings for Steppin' Out Saturday.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home