Meagan Musing: Eleven Things

Meagan Musing

3/26/2012

Eleven Things

WEB_IMG_3499

I've been tagged for the 11 Things Meme that's going around the blogging world!

I was so excited to be tagged! I never get tagged for anything. So thank you April, Sarah and Branson!

I know y'all want to know tons of stuff about me so here we go. Whee!

First, here are the rules:

1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the post of the person who tagged you.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.

So here are eleven things you always wanted to know about me:

1. I really don't like fruit. I'd pick vegetables over fruit any day. My exceptions are tomatoes and cantaloupe and I eat both of those with salt and pepper.

2. I have a horrible, awful memory. I can't remember details to save my life. High school...it all seems like a big blur. My family likes to give me a very hard time about this. Ha!

3. I've always liked the band Guster, but in college my friend Ally and I took a 48 hour road trip from Dallas to Colorado to see them do one show. Clearly we were crazy.

5. We also road-tripped to Kansas City to see Dave Mathews. It was a 24-hour trip. We turned around and drove home that night after the show. I'm falling asleep just thinking about it.

6. When I was sixteen I drove my mom's brand new car into the side of the garage, knocking her fancy side mirror off. It cost $800 to replace! My parents made me literally "iron" it out, buy ironing our family's laundry until I paid it off at $1 a shirt and $.50 for shorts. It took me years! I still have excellent ironing skills, but I really hate to use them now. Brian's clothes go to the cleaners.

7. I used to be so tidy and clean and organized. And then we got a dog and had kids and now I let them all eat off the floor if they've dropped something important. But I still have to leave my kitchen clean every night when I go to bed. I cannot sleep with dirty dishes in the sink!

8. I'm not an adventurous eater at all even though I love to watch cooking shows and eat at fancy restaurants. Cooking new things at home makes me nervous because it's quite possible they won't turn out, see: sourdough fail, and then I will have just wasted all that time and we'll have turkey sandwiches anyway.

9. I have not worked out a single time since Caroline was born. She's seven months old. This makes me so sad. But I think I'd have to do it in the middle of the night and I just have't made it a priority. I have lost all the baby weight though - thank you breastfeeding and life with two kids.

10. I love to watch TV. I used to start almost all my mornings checking the "Watercooler" on the TVGuide website. Hahaha! Now I'm lucky if I sit down to watch one or two shows a week.

11. I'm a huge professional sports fan! Mavericks basketball makes my heart race and Sundays in the winter are for football. I like to watch all four days of the Masters. But I can take or leave college sports.

Now...I'm going to answer the eleven questions from April because she tagged me first.

1. What are you most passionate about? Being a mother. I think it's my greatest calling and in this season it's pretty all-consuming. I want to grow and be better at it daily.

2. What was your first concert? I saw New Kids on the Block in 5th grade. My friend Kristen's mom waited in line to get our wristbands to be able to buy tickets for us.

3. What is your biggest fear? That something terrible would happen to someone in my family. But, I'm not a worrier and I really try not to even think about the possibility.

4. Paper or Plastic? Plastic. I reuse them for lots of stuff. I usually try to remember my own bags though. I love that they hold so much stuff - fewer trips to unload the car!

5. If you could be any one character from a movie or TV, who would you be? I think I'd like to be Brenda Lee Johnson from The Closer. I know she's got a tough job, but she's so smart and quick and all those men work for her! Ha!

6. Which reality show best describes you? This is hard - maybe the home makeover shows. I'd really like to spend more time redecorating and organizing my space.

7. Why did you start blogging? I really like sharing my thoughts and pictures with y'all! I've ended up making some sweet online friends and blogging has certainly helped feed my photography love.

8. If you could do whatever you wanted for a whole 24 hours, what would you do? Brian and I would be on the beach at a fancy hotel. We'd wake up at 7AM totally refreshed and rested (ha!) and go for a quick jog at the gym. I'd then spend the day relaxing on the beach with a good book. I'd have a crisp white wine with a yummy lunch. Shower in the evening and get ready for a fancy dinner out. And I'm pretty sure we'd have zero responsibilities or decisions to make the entire day.

9. Where did you take your best or worst vacation? Best vacation - a boat trip on the Amalfi coast.

10. What is your favorite piece of technology? My iPhone, hands down.

11. What is one thing on your bucket list? Learn how to take those dreamy, beautiful newborn photos.

And my questions for y'all:

1. What was your favorite class in high school?
2. What college teams do you cheer for? Football, basketball or both?
3. Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
4. Do you follow the no white before Easter rule?
5. Do you watch TV shows live or recorded?
6. Do you open your mail right away or let it pile up?
7. Would you rather do laundry or go grocery shopping?
8. Do you prefer to watch movies at home or in the theater?
9. Do you like summer or winter?
10. What's your favorite holiday?
11. What inspires you?

Tag! You're it, friends!

Elaine, Courtney, Megan, Kara-Kae, Wendy, Stephanie, Colleen, Ana, Jamie, Ginny, Nancy

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home