Meagan Musing: Being the Mom

Meagan Musing

2/06/2012

Being the Mom

I originally wrote this on Friday night and was worried it sounded a little too whiny. But after today, I think all these points are still very valid!

Some days being the mom is really hard and not as much fun as I thought it would be.

Like when your almost three year old (who no longer naps) whines for you all day long, and just can't figure out how to stay in his seat long enough to finish a meal. And you feel like all you do is discipline and explain and beg and plead...why, why can't you just follow me and get in your car seat when it's time for us to leave?

And your baby wakes up two hours after bedtime because?? well, if I knew maybe she wouldn't do it.

And your wet clothes are still, still in the washer because you haven't taken the dry ones out of the dryer yet because then you'd have to put them away.

But then you plug in your camera and upload these pictures of a regular day.

WEB_IMG_3055_Edit1

And your husband, who just got home from a really, really long week at work says, "I haven't even seen that shirt yet. I bet Andrew loves it."

WEB_IMG_3065

And, yeah, I do know that Andrew loves that guitar shirt. And that Caroline ate over half an avocado on Thursday. And that Andrew's been talking about our upcoming Disney cruise non-stop for two days.

WEB_IMG_3050

I am lucky that I get to spend so much time with them during these early, oh so important years. It's hard and often makes me want to pull my hair out.

WEB_IMG_3064_Edit1

But I really am doing what I love, what I want to be doing. I just hope I'm doing it right.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home