Meagan Musing: Peaceful

Meagan Musing

9/01/2011

Peaceful

Today's You Capture theme at I Should Be Folding Laundry is peace. And it's so fitting that I'm writing this today because my house is currently the most peaceful it's been in weeks.

Caroline and I dropped Andrew off at Mother's Day Out this morning, and we've been having a quiet, productive day ever since.

I mean, I love Andrew dearly, but peaceful is not a word that would ever be used to describe him.

My kitchen is clean, the dishwasher and washing machine are running, our beds are made and the toys are put away. I'm sure I'm really going to treasure these few quiet hours on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

I've been working on Caroline's birth announcement. I'm so excited about it. I have all these darling pictures I want to share with y'all, but I keep thinking that I might want to use one of them on the announcement so I'm saving them.

I'll share them soon though, I promise.

This is what she's currently doing:

WEB_IMG_8013_Edit1

She seems to be moving toward figuring out the difference between day and night. She was awake for a few long stretches yesterday and then slept for three and a half hours straight last night, was up for an hour and slept for another three. Yay! I don't mind getting up to feed her, but I really like it when she goes right back to sleep after nursing.

We went to the doctor on Monday for her 2-week check-up and y'all, she's up to 7 pounds, 13 ounces. That means she gained 1 pound in a week! The key to good, weight-gaining breast milk: chocolate chip cookies. I highly recommend this diet if you have a tiny baby needing to gain weight. :)

Here's wishing you all a happy, cooler September!

Photobucket

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home