Meagan Musing: We're Back

Meagan Musing

8/23/2010

We're Back

Well, I enjoyed that nice little blogging break to end the summer. I hadn't really planned on it, but then we decided to do some landscape work in our backyard and things just got crazy around here.

We were dog sitting for my parents' darling Shih Tzu, Wrigley, while all of this was going on and clearly the dogs couldn't go out in the backyard so there was a bit of chaos in the house for a few days.

But they're finished now, and we're thrilled with the results. Wrigley has gone home and left a sad, sleepy Fenway behind. Andrew is napping right now, and my house is quieter than it's been in over a week.

So I thought I'd get a few recent pictures up here on the blog.

WEB_IMG_8750

WEB_IMG_8796

WEB_IMG_8781

WEB_IMG_8799

Andrew is so absolutely adorable right now I just can't get over it. He's starting to say a lot more; he's gotten really good at communicating with us. He's of course still wild and crazy, but he's also so sweet and smiley.

He'll often stop what he's doing and come give me a hug and a kiss. He'll bring me a book and put it right in my hand to ask me to sit and read with him. He doesn't sit for long, but it's nice when he does.

It's not all fun and games though. He's definitely gotten more opinionated and we're going to have to start official time-outs soon. I've tried it a few times already, but I don't have any place to put him where he'll stay. So he comes running back to me and laughs when I put him back in the corner again. He thinks it's a game, so that's bad.

We'll be working on that soon. I'd always thought 18 mos would start our official time-outs so I've got a few weeks left before I'm going to tackle it head on.

And on a totally different note I've been doing the Couch-to-5k running program this summer. I didn't exactly start from the couch, but I also haven't been able to run a full 5k (without stopping to walk) since before Andrew was born.

I'm currently on the last week and am supposed to be able to run for 30 minutes straight tomorrow. Thank goodness for my treadmill because there is NO WAY I'd be able to do this outside right now. It's 106 degrees this afternoon and will drop down to a balmy 95 by about 8 o'clock tonight. So I'm thankful for indoor running!

Fall, come quickly before we melt!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Your little Andrew is very cute, such big beautiful eyes! Yes it's a lovely age. My youngest has just turned 16 months, and this is my favourite time (12-24months), they are just adorable!

    I also started the C25K program recently along with a few friends on Twitter - we give each other moral support!

    By Anonymous Alison, At August 23, 2010 at 11:49:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home