Meagan Musing: Party Time

Meagan Musing

10/16/2007

Party Time

The Patriots and the Cowboys played at Texas Stadium this past Sunday, and Brian really, really wanted to go see his two favorite NFL teams play. He spent hours trying to buy tickets on eBay, but at the end someone would always swoop in and pay the big bucks for the tickets he'd bid on. We had a hard time justifying spending $400 (each!) on tickets to a football game that we could watch at home on our pretty HD TV. So, Brian decided we'd just have people over to our house to watch and we'd make a little party out of it.

BUT, I'd already told my friend Beth that I'd go to a Southern Living at Home party at her house in south Grand Prairie. The party was from 2-4 and the game started at 3:15. Luckily, Kelsey, Matt and Brian were up to the challenge and offered to go to the store. Matt & Kels brought lots of burgers, brats and the fixin's, and Brian and I got the beer. (I think we ended up with easier job. But in all fairness since I had to leave soon I didn't have time to do the food run!)

I left my house for the great Southwest (aka the furthest away DFW suburb ever!) with Brian by the grill, the beer cold and the TV ready. :( I didn't want to go, but it was the right thing to do and the party was fun. I just would have had more fun at home the whole day. I tried to have a positive attitude, but when I took my fifth wrong turn trying to find her house, I wasn't feeling very peppy. I cheered up a bit when I saw Brent and Steven in the backyard with their laptops checking on our fantasy scores. :) I snuck out a little early, didn't get lost and was home by the second quarter.

Anywho, we ended up having three other couples come over to watch the game. It was fun to see friends we hadn't seen in a while and Kels was an awesome stand-in hostess! Thanks for all your help Kels!!

I wore Brian's old Emmit Smith jersey and Brian wore his Tedy Bruschi jersey so both teams were represented, and there wasn't too much smack talk going on. The Cowboys didn't win and I was pretty disappointed, but Brian was happy. He might have rubbed it in a bit, but then he helped me clean the kitchen so I forgave him.

Thanks again for your help Kelsey, Matt and Brian! It was a fun weekend staying home in Dallas!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home