Meagan Musing: Dave Matthews

Meagan Musing

9/25/2007

Dave Matthews

Last Saturday I went to my first Dave Matthews' concert in years. It was also my first Dave concert with Brian and was much different than going with Ally all those many, many times. I didn't even know he was coming to town, but my cousin Katie was coming to spend the night in Dallas and found the evening's entertainment.

A great time was had by all, and I was so excited to get to experience a Dave concert with Brian. It really made me realize how much I and my priorities have changed since my college years. Ally and I always found a way to get at least third row tickets. We'd eagerly anticipate every song and write it down to compile our set list. We’d hang out in the parking lot after the concert to let the traffic die down, listen to more Dave, drink another beer and maybe meet other crazy Dave fans. We always had an absolute blast during our “Dave Experiences.”

But Saturday night we sat on the lawn and talked to Katie and Rob through all the new songs that I didn’t know. (Gasp….Dave songs I didn’t know!!) I went to the bathroom twice! We rushed out before the last note of Watchtower to try to beat some traffic. And we listened to Guster in the car on the way home. We were home by midnight and later went to Matt and Kelsey’s to see friends we hadn’t seen in a while. It was soooo different than all those shows with Ally, but so great too. I could have seen any number of other bands and had just as much fun. Which brings to my changed priorities: I think I enjoyed the company more than the music.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Way to go, baby girl. I knew you had grown up. Do you remember that day on Grand Lake when we discussed priorities? I tried to tell you people and relationships were everything and you kept saying it was your career that was more important. I was thinking about that earlier today, in fact, and thinking how your life changed after you fell in love with Brian. Thank God for Brian! Love you heaps!, Mom

    Nana thinks it is really funny that you interrupted your concert viewing to go to the bathroom twice! And that you posted it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At September 25, 2007 at 11:41:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home