Meagan Musing: Remembering the Red Sox

Meagan Musing

10/04/2007

Remembering the Red Sox

The Red Sox are in the playoffs again which means lots of baseball around our house! The Red Sox are so loved by Brian that our dog is named Fenway, and we live in Dallas. People around here always look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them his name. If we lived in Boston I'm sure he'd have lots of adoring fans.

Brian and I were married on October 30, 2004, right in the middle of World Series week. And it wasn't just any World Series week. It was the World Series between the Red Sox and the St. Louis Cardinals, and the BoSox hadn't won the World Series since 1918! If the series had gone on for six games the first pitch would have been tossed as I was walking down the isle. As it was, the team was being welcomed back to Boston by a 3-million people parade as Brian and I said "I do".

Mom prayed and prayed that the Red Sox could finish the Cardinals off in four games, and I was just sure that would never happen. My father-in-law was talking with the restaurant people about where we could put the TV during the rehearsal dinner. Brian asked if it would be rude to wear a radio while we said our vows. (For the record, yes, it would be rude, and I'm sure he would've NEVER done it, right?) I was thrilled that we were getting married and the Red Sox were in the World Series, but did these two huge events have to happen in the same week? Thankfully, Mom's prayers were answered and the Red Sox really did sweep the Cards in four games. Brian almost cried and I'm sure there were thousand of fans who actually did.

We were able to get married without having to put TVs on the walls of the church. Brian and I were so excited! - about the win and the wedding. I love that now when I hear talk of the baseball playoffs I immediately remember our fabulous, fun wedding week! And I love that we'll always get to share our anniversary with the week the Red Sox finally won the World Series.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I had both my dreams come true! It was an awesome victory for the Sox and when I didn't think it could get any better I married the woman of my dreams...and it got better...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At October 8, 2007 at 11:26:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home