Meagan Musing: 32 Weeks and The Bird Story

Meagan Musing

6/14/2011

32 Weeks and The Bird Story

WEB_32Weeks_IMG_6071

Look! I posted a photo!

My computer is back and I didn't lose a thing. I'm so, so relieved. After I picked it up today the first thing I did was back up my entire hard drive to a 2TB external drive. I feel much smarter already.

So, I'm 32 weeks pregnant which is insane. How is it already the middle of June? I have so much left to do before this baby arrives. I feel like I say that every week and don't ever make much progress.

Brian was out of town last week, and I was on my own with Andrew. I was also watching my parents' sweet dog and then Saturday morning my sister needed me to watch Reid for a few hours. My house was full and I felt extremely grown up. Who thought I could handle all that responsibility?

Andrew and the dogs and I were trying to get a little play time in out in the backyard before it got too hot and Reid was upstairs napping, when I noticed my dog was barking like mad toward the back fence.

He'd cornered a small bird and it couldn't fly away. I don't know if he'd injured it (he's a Westie, so he's not that big and he's really a big wuss, so I kind of doubt it) or if it was already injured when it landed in our yard, but either way I had to get rid of it.

I herded everyone in the house and locked the door thinking I would like to dispose of the bird without an audience, but I forgot Andrew can unlock the backdoor. So Andrew and both dogs watched as I attempted to pick up this injured bird and toss it through the gate and out of our yard.

I put on big gloves and the first time I tried to pick it up it squealed so loudly. It totally freaked me out, and I dropped it back to the ground. Andrew starts saying "baby chicken!" so I know I really have to get rid of it soon or he's going to want to come play with it.

I psyched myself up, grabbed it and threw it out the gate, all in one big motion. The bird was just as scared as I was and it squealed and I screamed.

I was so afraid Andrew would be scarred for life, but he thought it was hysterical.

I really hope Brian is home the next time there's a live but injured bird flapping around in our back yard.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home