Meagan Musing: Photo Lessons

Meagan Musing

1/28/2010

Photo Lessons

I've been fiddling with Photoshop Elements and Lightroom 2 trying to teach myself layer masks and filters and other exciting actions. Turns out there's lots and lots of information about these things on the Internet....who would have thought it? :)






It also turns out I really like to edit photos.

Here's the original:



It was okay, but I like what I did with it, too. I think the last one is my favorite.

I still have so much to learn about photography and post-processing, but I think if I could get my subject to sit still for more than two seconds at a time I'd be better right away.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Oh, dear, how cute! I purchased photoshop elements in the fall. I like the video tutorials available online. I find if I don't use it everyday, meaning if I have a stretch of time that I don't use it, I completely forget how to do them and have to start from scratch! lol!

    I also downloaded the 30 day trial of lightroom. Which one do you find easier to use? Your pictures look great! What kind of camera & lense(s) do you use?

    By Blogger Coneflower Ranch, At January 29, 2010 at 12:11:00 PM CST  

  • Also, I forgot to mention a woman named Sarah that has a photo blog.
    http://pikkuarkki.com/blog/ I found her through PW's flickr group (or I should say she found me). She takes lots of pictures of her son (toddler) and shares her experiences w/photography. Check it out if you have a chance, she's really nice too! :-)

    By Blogger Coneflower Ranch, At January 29, 2010 at 12:22:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home