Meagan Musing: 3 Months!

Meagan Musing

6/17/2009

3 Months!

I have so much to blog about...I really need to do this more often. But I will start with Andrew's 3 month birthday yesterday. I can't believe how fast it's gone by. Here are a few things about Andrew at 3 months:

-He's still eating every 2-3 hours. I try to make him wait at least 2 1/2 hours, but sometimes he's just desperate.
-He's still not napping much. He usually goes down for a nap in his swing about 9am and I'm lucky if he sleeps for an hour. The rest of the day is spent in 3 hour blocks with me trying to get him to nap every 2 hours or so. It sounds like a lot but it really isn't. It usually adds up to 3 naps totaling 2 1/2 hours a day.
-He loves to be out and about so he can look at stuff. Everyone comments on how alert he is, and it's so true. He doesn't sleep through anything! He's too busy checking everything out.
-He's not much of a crier. He cries when he's hungry and when he's sleepy and quiets down as soon as I feed him or soothe him.
-He goes to sleep really easily at night at 8:30 and will sleep for about 6 hours, sometimes up to 8. So he's up around 3am to eat and then right back to sleep until anytime from 6am - 8am. If he wakes up at 6am I usually bring him back to bed with me and we nap/nurse for an hour so I can get some more sleep. This is a sweet time for us.
-He's all smiles and grins and he's trying to laugh out loud. He has this big open mouth grin and sometimes a little noise comes out. It's funny. He smiles so big when I go get him out of his bassinet in the morning.

Some days I'm sure he's the greatest baby ever. And then I try to get him to take a nap, and I think maybe I'll give the title to someone else. :) I'm kidding! I'm really absolutely positively crazy about my sweet baby and I love being his mom.


He holds his hands together like this all time. Even when he's nursing.

It's so hard to get his smile on camera. He smiles at me, but then I put the camera up and he just looks at it.



He has found his feet! Mostly he just likes to hold on to them. And he's always sticking his fingers in his mouth. Sometimes he tries to get all his fingers in his mouth at once. It's a good thing he has a big mouth.


He's still trying to figure out the Bumbo seat. I think he'll be better at it in a few more weeks.


He can sit propped up for quite a while now. Here he is in the corner of his pack 'n play.
The third month was so great. I can't wait to see what he does next!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • These pictures are really cute, but Andrew is much more adorable in person. You need a sneaky photog to capture those glowing smiles that disappear when the cameras come out!

    By Anonymous Mom/MimiLis/Nonni/Gram???, At June 22, 2009 at 11:34:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home