Meagan Musing: Welcome October

Meagan Musing

10/03/2013

Welcome October

Halloween Costume Talk

We were hopping out of the car when Caroline spotted the Halloween decor in the window at the little gift shop next door to the gym.

"Look mama!"

"Oh, I see all the Halloween decorations. What is Caroline going to be for Halloween?"

"Little monster!"

Well, that's not really what I had in mind for my beautiful little girl's third Halloween costume. A princess? Super Girl? Maybe a ballerina?

Andrew wants to be a skeleton. Ugh! Surely I can have one cute, sweetly costumed kiddo, right?

We've penciled in our trip to the pumpkin patch for the month. There's a fall fest at church on our calendar. Our new neighbors are already talking about what fun it is to trick-or-treat on our street and Andrew is so excited that Halloween falls on a school day this year.

I think October is the best month. I'm not stressed out about Christmas and its trees and presents yet. There are very few 90+ degree days and the mornings are cool and fresh. And there's candy and treats and parties.

So welcome October. I'm happy to see you, even if I end up with a little monster and a skeleton for my trick-or-treat companions.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home