Meagan Musing: My Little Desk Nook

Meagan Musing

8/28/2013

My Little Desk Nook

We kind of stumbled onto this new house. We knew where we wanted to be and we knew a builder and he had a house in the works, and one crazy summer later, here we are.

Our house was still under construction when we looked at it for the first time. But one of the very first things I noticed and fell in love with was the desk space off the kitchen.


So it's technically the mudroom. There are hooks and cubbies on the opposite side of the space.

But I don't mind one bit. I have a place to sit down at my computer and it has a window with pretty natural light. I needed a place to blog, craft and work. And here it is!


It is still a work in progress, just like every last room in the house. I need to warm it up with fabric and a rug and some texture.

I'm planning to do a pretty kelly green roman shade on the window to help with the glare in the mid mornings. And it'll add some much needed color and softness.

I want a pretty little rug, but it needs to be durable because - it's also the mudroom!


But even without those things, I love this little corner so much.

I can sit and quickly check email while dinner is cooking and the kids are watching a show. I can leave my camera out on the counter for easy access.

I can use my Silhouette without having to move all my supplies across the house to cut one little card.


I have a place to store all the kids' craft supplies and Caroline can't get them! She's insane with markers - trust me. And it's awesome to have a dedicated place for crayons and paints and know that she can't find them without help.


So even though there's still a million things to do, I'm so, so happy with it. And I love that it's a project. I can make this space all about what I enjoy, what I love. I can hang baskets for our mail and display tons of blue vases and hang photos all over the walls - it's just that kind of space.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home