Meagan Musing: Sunscreen and Pool Water

Meagan Musing

6/16/2013

Sunscreen and Pool Water

It's summertime and the living is supposed to be easy, but these last few weeks have been so crazy!

But crazy in a good way.

Last month I told y'all that we found a new house in a new neighborhood and that we'll be moving soon.

Well, it's coming along - we're making decisions and watching it all come together.

Here's a preview of our very dirty new kitchen. This was a week or two ago. It looks a little cleaner than this now, I promise. :)


Yep, we painted the island blue. I'm a little nervous about it, but so far I'm happy with it. The rest of the cabinets are white and the counters are light so the pop of color is a nice contrast.

(The island paint is blue danube by Benjamin Moore and the rest of the cabinets and all the trim are painted in BM's white dove. The wall color is BM revere pewter which Pinterest claims is the best wall color ever - I guess we'll find out!)

I feel like every time we talk about paint or furniture or rugs I say, "well, I want it to be really light and bright." Our current house isn't exactly dark, but it's decorated in golds and browns and creams and I'm moving away from that look here with the new house.

So I hope we like it!

And this house is on the market now so we're running around keeping everything picked up and super clean which is super fun when you have two little people living in your house.

We're in a pretty hot housing market right now so I'm hopeful it won't take too long to sell, but again, we'll just have to see.

Lots of hurry up and wait these days.

But lots of fun too!

I taught Andrew's VBS class last week. We had 22 three and four year olds! I'm convinced that all preschool teachers are saints. :) Andrew loved it so much though that it was totally worth all the early mornings and trips to the potty.


Um, Caroline clearly felt the same way. Ha!

There's been lots of swimming already this summer. Andrew completely wore himself out with all the pool time this weekend. He fell asleep in the car on the way home from my parents' today and didn't wake up again so he's been in bed since 6PM.

I'm hoping his crazy early bedtime doesn't lead to a 5AM wake-up.

The kids are both so dirty right now. They still have sunscreen in their hair and smell like pool water, but I figure that's what summer is for, right?

They'll get a bath tomorrow. :)

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home