Meagan Musing: The Cinnamon Rolls

Meagan Musing

12/13/2009

The Cinnamon Rolls

I am planning to make The Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls for Christmas morning breakfast.

IMG_3483-3
Yes...that Pioneer Woman. Kelsey and I got to meet her after waiting in line for six hours. Well, an hour of that was at dinner, so only five hours were spent standing in line.

(Yes, I know we're crazy. But eventually you pass the point of no return. If you've been waiting for two hours already and the line starts to move you can't bail then!)

IMG_3448-2
Andrew was there for the beginning of the adventure, too, but sometime around 9pm I decided he was going to have to call it a night.

IMG_3451-2
So Daddy came to his rescue. I think they were both a little concerned that I might not ever make it out of there.

PW was so nice even at midnight when she'd been smiling and signing books for hours and hours. I told her I was going to make her cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning and she was very encouraging. But this put a bit of added pressure on me - I can't let her down!

So I decided to do a practice round this week.

IMG_3937
Oh my goodness, they are divine. But her recipe makes about 40 cinnamon rolls, and what's one to do with 40 cinnamon rolls from a practice run? I gave some to friends and I'm sending some to work with Brian tomorrow. But there are still a lot of rolls in my kitchen. It's a dangerous situation. And I'm going to do it all over again next week.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home