Meagan Musing: Mmmm....Applesauce

Meagan Musing

8/26/2009

Mmmm....Applesauce

The road to solid foods seems to be a bit rocky. Andrew's not really sure how he feels about getting food with a spoon, but he's starting to warm up to it. I'm introducing new foods really slowly, and I don't know if that's helping or hindering.


We started out with rice cereal at 4 1/2 months and we've slowly added in oatmeal cereal and carrots. And just this week I started mixing applesauce into his oatmeal and that seems to have made him much more amenable to it.




He's also not a fan of the sippy cup yet. I've given him one with water a few times, but he doesn't really know what to do with it. He seems so interested in my water bottles and my diet coke cans and anything I'm drinking so I thought he'd love the sippy cup, but not yet.


So anyway, I know that at this stage they're just supposed to learn how to eat, and they're not getting much nutrition from their solids, but I keep thinking Andrew should be better at eating by now.

I guess it just takes practice, practice, practice.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home