Meagan Musing: Sleeping Habits

Meagan Musing

7/20/2009

Sleeping Habits

It's been an exciting few days around here. Brian and I left Andrew with Mom and Dad Saturday night so we could go on a real date. We went to see the new Harry Potter movie, which was awesome, and then had a nice dinner at Blue Canyon in Rockwall.

We decided to have our date in Rockwall and then just stay the night out there to make it easier for my parents to watch Andrew and it worked out really well. He was asleep in his crib when we got back and slept until he woke up to eat 4AM, so I was happy.

We watched the last round of the British Open Sunday morning and then were planning to hang out in the pool, but a big storm rolled in and we really didn't spend much time in the water. But we did play a bunch of Bocce ball. Turns out, I'm not so good, Brian is okay, and my dad is really, really good. Who knew?

Andrew took two really good naps on Sunday so I was hoping he'd be all ready for his first night in his crib in his nursery that night. He's been sleeping in his bassinet in our room since we brought him home, but I decided four months seemed like a good time to move. We swaddled him up and he went right to sleep. He woke up at midnight and again at 3:30, so not too bad for his first night by himself.

We're still swaddling the baby, and I just don't know how to break this habit. He is so busy that he won't fall asleep unless he's wrapped up. I attempted a no-swaddle nap this morning and he's currently hanging out in his swing kicking his feet, taking to himself and reaching for the little sheep on the mobile. He went to sleep while I was rocking him finally and then woke up about 5 minutes after I put him down - in his swing! I mean, I'm already letting him nap in motion. What more does he need?? Ha!

If I'd swaddled him like usual he would have already been asleep for an hour. I don't know what I'm going to do about this, but he can't stop sleeping! It's just a disaster. Anyone successfully break a swaddling habit? At this rate he's going to be swaddled until he leaves home!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home