Meagan Musing: Preschool Bentos - Weeks 26 & 27

Meagan Musing

4/25/2013

Preschool Bentos - Weeks 26 & 27

We've had such a mild spring. We've had many cool rainy days and even some really cold nights, but I'm not complaining one bit. It'll be hot soon and I'll take this for now.

So I've been trying to brighten up our lunches with some spring-y bright colors. :)

Tuesday, April 16


I received some new little picks last week so Andrew had turkey roll-ups on hat picks. He thought they were too cute. He had both mustard and ketchup for dipping, a few blue corn tortilla chips, apples (soaked in lemon water) and some peanut butter puffer cereal. This was packed in the Lego box from BentoUSA.com.


Caroline's lunch was adorable - apple chunks and turkey roll-ups with animal picks, peanut butter puffer cereal and a few pistachios in a sauce cup. It was packed in the little panda stacking box. I also included a fruit pouch.


So cute! It doesn't hold a ton of food, but it's great for the early preschool set who doesn't need to take a really big lunch anyway.

Thursday, April 18


I packed Andrew a little cat-shaped PB&J because he'd drawn all over himself with black washable marker on Wednesday trying to BE A CAT. So he thought this was way fun. I stamped the cheese with this little stamper set. I think they're too small for sandwiches, but they're great for cheese. He also had strawberries, a few carrots, pretzel squares and some mini chocolate chips in the sauce cup.

This was packed in these small LunchBots boxes. I love them. They're so clean and the bigger one holds the silicone cups just right. I think they make your food look nice. :)


Tuesday, April 23


Andrew had a few puzzle shaped ham and mustard sandwiches, heart shaped cheese, strawberries, ketchup and stacked peanut butter crackers. This was packed in a little sandwich box I found at Target this spring.


Caroline's lunch was packed in our new apple locking box. It's a great size! She had turkey, heart shaped cheese, pirates booty, raspberries and cashews in a sauce cup.

The box looks like this:


I like that it locks on its own and doesn't need a band.

Thursday, April 25


Frogs! I sent Andrew with a frog shaped PB&J, grapes with a little frog pick, watermelon with a mini watermelon star, graham sticks and cashews in the sauce cup. He was so excited about the watermelon. Is it possible to eat too much watermelon? My kids could get there this summer.

And speaking of summer....school is almost out! We have three weeks of school left. Whoa! I don't know what my plan is for the bentos this summer.

Do y'all have anything you'd like to see me focus on while the kids are home? Just at-home lunch options? Thoughts?

As always, let me know if you have any questions! My kids are eating a better lunch and I'd love to help you help your kids too. :)

P.S. BentoUSA.com is having a big lunchbox sale! Almost all of their little boxes are on sale. Now is a great time to stock up for next year!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home